Sunday, January 6, 2008

Not so... Stupid For You~~

This is a video made by a fan of Marie Digby. The song is an original song titled "Stupid For You"(yes, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of Marie Digby).
Anyway, the video's really cute!!


Here's the lyrics:
It's not everyday,
That I meet a person quite like you,
Perfect every way...
I finally found the nerve to confess that it's you - that I want,
I don't care if i act a fool,
I would damn near beg for you!
Put aside, all my pride
So don't keep me hanging here,
Cause this girl is falling stupid for you..
Ooooh... Oooohh... Stupid for you..

The proper thing to do,
Is for me to act like a lady and wait,
For you to make the first move,
But I don't think you're getting the point,
That it's you - that I want
I don't care if I act a fool,
I would damn near beg for you!
Put aside, all my pride,
So don't keep me hanging here,
cause this girl is falling stupid for you!
Oooh, ooooh stupid for you...

Why's it always feel like I am,
Chasing love when nothing's there,
And here I go just making the same mistake...
I've fallen stupid for you...

I just listened to the song petang tadi, and simply fell in love with it!!
It's mainly because of the lyrics(I'm more of a lyrics person), the bubbly way she sings and plays the song and the video that her fan made that made it soo easy to fall in love with this song.
Lepas tu, semangat nak belajar main lagu ni.
And there was this very good cover by this one hot Portuguese guy.
Srius suare die sedap!! And learning how to play this song while listening to his voice made it waaaayyy easier(click here for the link) Haha.... Ok.. ok... back to the point!

The fact that I wanted to share the video up there was because it and the song kind of touches on the 'quite taboo' subject of women making the first move.
Personally, I think it's hard for me to make the first move. I'd do it. But, I'd have to be damn sure that I want to be with that guy before I go boldly making the first move.
But, sometimes my actions aren't the wisest one. So, I learn from it.
Anyway, it's not such a bad thing I guess, making the first move... If you have the confidence and guts for it, then go on!! Good for you!
I've had loads of girlfriends who made the first move and are in a great relationship.

I was thinking about this subject a few weeks back when I was talking to my brother on the phone. He always ask me why I won't be with anyone. I always say: "Malas ah Usaid. Banyak lagi benda lain nak concentrate. Not that I don't want to, but just not now kot. And I haven't met anyone right pun lagi. Besides, you don't have one! Bile Usaid ada, Dayah ada gak, k?? Haha..."
"Asal malas pulak?? Pergi je ah approach any hot guy. Ke nak Usaid aturkan kawan-kawan Usaid? We'll make a line and then suruh dorang duduk sorang-sorang. Buat macam speed date. Then, Dayah pilih... Hhahaa..." he said.
Yes, usually when I talk with Usaid, 70% of the conversation is crap just like that one above.
We siblings find it hard to be serious...

Anyway, another conversation I had with Usaid regarding this whole relationship and women making the first move thingy goes like this:

Usaid: "Eh, Dayah nak pergi Jakarta/Bandung tak??"
Me: "Erm, Bandung macam best je nak pergi shopping. Maybe nak pergi kot sometime. Why??"
Usaid: "I want to try the hot chicks there la..."
Me: "Indonesian chicks, Usaid?? Seriously?? Asal bukan Malaysian chicks je??"
Usaid: "Eh, ade je yang hot-hot and dorang cam tak cover-cover cam perempuan-perempuan Malaysia. Ari tu ade one friend of mine pergi sane. Dia try ah pergi club kan. Saja-saja. Pakai baju cikai-cikai je. Pastu takde siape layan. The next day, he went wearing a blazer and all the babes were like going hysterical. Semua berebut-rebut nak pergi kat die. Mintak number and everything"
Me: "Tipu ah!! Hensem ke die tu??"
Usaid: "Biase je. The point is, dorang jenis yang go for it. I mean, there's nothing to lose pun kalo kita approach that guy. Kalau tak jadi, tak pe ah. Asal ah perempuan-perempuan kat Malaysia tak macam tu?? I mean, buat je ah first move."

Then, the conversation went on and on with me of course membacking Malaysian girls and him asking me to bring a hot Irish chick for him when I come back. Haish~~

The point of the matter is, we Malaysians have this whole sikap sopan santun Melayu embedded in us. So, we find it hard to be bold and make the first move.
Don't just look at the girls, even a lot of boys find it hard to approach girls.
Plus, we humans are very egoistical creatures. Those kind of actions would require us to lower our ego and making it open to be bruised. Besides that, we don't usually handle rejection very well(Sebab tu la ramai budak perempuan kene bunuh lepas mereject someone or cheat with someone else)

So, the safest move would be to just stay still. Wait for the time to come when you finally gather enough courage to approach that guy/girl that you've been crushing about.
But, then maybe it might be too late. So, terlepas...
Then, we Malays also are influenced by our religion and hence, we believe in jodoh.
Even if you're not with someone right now, when the time comes, with effort done also of course, and we end up getting married, then that's our jodoh.
So, the majority of us don't really make that much that effort(me including) to find that special someone because we hold onto that believe.
Well, at least, not yet anyway... I can't really say how I'll be like in the next year, 5 years, let alone this year...We don't know what the future holds for us right?
And of course I want to get married someday. Siapa tak nak kan??
Last but not least, the main problem I guess is that when it doesn't work out, there are tattle-tales who would go around spreading news of their divorce/break-up and saying mean things such as: "Tulah... Dulu perempuan tu yang terhegeh-hegeh nak sangat. Kan dah kene..."
I despise these kind of thinking and I despise people who act all friendly in front of someone when they actually talk bad behind them. Typical Malay attitude?? Maybe... But, we all can change...

Anyway, I was encouraged one day by a friend of mine to go and like someone(she even suggested some guy we knew. Haish~~ Merepek-merepek) so that I could understand the feelings she and a few of our friend have when someone they like/have a crush on(whom they've already made a first move on. But, sometimes the guys just don't get it. So, that's the major contribution to my friends' frustrations) go and do something that would hurt them.
Erm, maybe that's the whole point of not liking someone right??
It builds a defense mechanism so that you won't be vulnerable to those kind of feelings.
When I say that, sekali lagi kena marah.
"Ko ni lain ah Dayah... Cube jadi perempuan normal sikit."she said.
I am normal!! Just been a little bit modified due to experiences and well, I'm just born this way...
Nak wat cane... Huhu...

But, seriously, getting back to the topic here...
I think that along the way, the subject about the person making the first move wouldn't matter cause in the end, if it all works out you're both happy and glad that you've found each other.
I wouldn't mind making the first move. I don't have any trouble with it at all.
But, I would have to have a concrete reason for doing so.
I'm not in it for the short-haul. I'm not that kind of person.
I think the majority of people in their early twenties don't have that whole high school mentality where you think you're cool if you couple around. People get more serious in relationships if they commit in one(if you're already in your 20s and don't feel this way, it's not the end of the world!! People mature at different pace. So, it's ok. Just don't go hurting anyone's feelings and you'll be fine).
Anyway, even if you like to couple around, at some point in your life, you get tired of the game(quote from "The Sweetest Thing"=P)
To me, short-term relationships just wastes time, energy, money and your feelings.
So, if you're just thinking of being with someone just for the sake of having someone, just don't.
Don't go through the hassle of making the first move.
Cause at the end of the day, it involves two people. It's not only you that would be affected.

Apa-apa pun, even if it doesn't work out, learn from the experience. Don't just give up and think foolish things such as you not ever meeting anyone ever again.
Just like at the end of the video, which says: Love is real... it will come... eventually.
So, chill!! Keep your hearts open but live your life as well!!
Don't get too caught up with finding the right one soo much, life's too short to be concentrating on just that.
And life's soo much bigger than just that... And the only main thing is that you're happy and content with your life and we're all good.

P.S: HUIYOOO!!! Panjang la plak~~=P

8 comments:

  1. wah..luahan perasaan dayah..xpenah dga ko ckp cmni secara live..hehe

    regarding the first move thingy..i think some people cant accept rejection well..because they would feel embarrassed of themselves for doing something 'stupid'..haha i would make the first move if that person is not staying in the same radius..at least i know i wont be bumping into him hahaha..but i hv never made any..hahahahahahaha
    i guess because i can bare with just having a huge crush on a person without letting him know for like 3 yrs??although i'm like head over heels for him..hahahahahaha
    now i know why..because i was suppose to be somebody else..*ookkk i'm sounding a bit corny..k wtv* but yeah..i think so..
    the point is dat..u dont actually hv to look for dat person..it will come..if u keep thinking about it u'll feel like the time is moving so slow..trust me..been there done that..like u said u want to concentrate on other things..thats good cause ur suppose to be enjoying urselves doing stuff u like n let the 'jodoh' find its way to u..plus we dont want to bump into the wrong person right..so just keep ur cool..chill la brader..hahahaha
    p/s: if u hv a bf or someone..sumtimes u wish u were single especially when u know he likes to fart around..yucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, cipi, ko pun bukan meluahknan perasaan ke kat sini?? hehehe...nway dayah, its definitely true, it will come eventually, tak perlu nak risau, but yeah, makin the first move pun mmg tak salah,like u said, if it is the right thing to do in one particular situation. Sbb kadang2 lelaki ni mmg lampi sikit (no offence boys,hehe) Tapi klw aku pun, i'd rather wait, and cherish every moment u have when u are still called single!! And aku pun mmg against short-term relationship atau pun relationship yg u can see it will go nowhere, kite dah besar kan, now we are lookin forward the future, takmo la main2 lagi, tol tak dayah? So, yeah chill la, everitin has been written for u, and when the right one has come, trust me, you wil know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dayah ingat pesanan aku tuh dayah... hahaha... aku ingat nak wat 2nd move aaa haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. in case ade yg slah interpret, no, i'm not considering to make any first moves to anyone... ni hanyalah pndangn semate2...=)
    n thanx 2 my frends who gave me numerous feedback through here or through ym.
    nasihat n comment yg pling xbley blah skali yg diberikan oleh seorg manusia ttg care2 ntuk make a first move adalah:
    "ko kne jd horny sket..."
    hahahhahahahaaha....
    lwak2!! tp berguna gak... byk isinya.
    maybe it'll be useful someday, we never know. haha...

    cipi: ye ker?? xpnah eh dgr aku ckp mende2 cani secare live?? ye ah. kne pk btul2 dlu b4 ckp mende2 cani. nnti org slah pham. besides, mna ske sgt ckp mende2 cani. cam xtau je. bsides, nk dgr live, kne bayar ah. hehe...
    owh!! bkn kte sme ade crush ke time kkb dlu?? tp cam sme tak menyuarakan ape2 except sorg membe kte yg rsanye cam laki 2 tau. siap ade gamba berdua lg!!! haha...
    aku pun xbgtau dat guy until now n maybe xkan bgtau smpai ble2 kot. kalo bgtau, cane ntah eh~~=P
    biarkn saja knangn silam itu!! lwak btul...!
    yup2!! xpyah carik. mende ni will come. n yes! kte xnak bump into the wrong person. so baik lpak2 je. i love being single lgpun!!=)

    shida: yes, guys mmg lampi. itu ah sbbnye rmai membe2 aku yg wat 1st move. lpas dah cnfess pun ade je yg wat bodddoo. itu xpham ah nape.
    biarkn saja mereka. n psal xnak main2 at dis age now pun btul. wat perabih perasaan je=P

    buchuk: ya!! saya akan ingt pesanan cikgu!!! 2nd move?? aaahhhaaa...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hek ela si hindraf tu sibuk je ngn 2nd move die..org ckp sal 1st move die da 2nd move da..serious wabak hindraf ah die ni

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahhhahahaha.....
    amek kne skali hindraf!!
    sesuai gak ah buchuk... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. takpe2.. tahun baru yg mulie nih die wat aku cam ni takpe2... aku nak doa die kene petir la cam ni hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. ko nk doa spe kne petir ni???
    miss south carolina...???=P

    ReplyDelete