Thursday, January 17, 2008

:::Food Attraction:::

Food certainly attracts a lot of attention...
Especially from really hungry people and owh... really hungry animals too.
I was doing my ECDL training (my special study module for this year) in the library at Brookefield (the Health Science building) when suddenly Miha (one of my classmates. She was working on the PC beside me) stood up suddenly and looked anxiously down on the floor.
I was thinking: "Asal ngan Miha ni??" and I was listening to my MP3, so I wasn't really aware of what was happening.

Then, suddenly the thing Miha was looking at started moving my way!!!
It was actually a DOG!! Inside the library!
I say this like I'm really surprised because:
1) The library has two doors. The first one is the big doors that obviously someone opened too wide and accidentally let this dog (let's call him BURGERak for now) in and the other door is well... not actually a door. It's just a swinging bars thing that you usually find at commuters/LRT stations. Yeah... the one where you have to insert your ticket to get through. In our case, we had to put our student ID cards on the little scanning thing. Obviously, BURGERak thinks it's too high and mighty to abide by this rule.

2) There are security personnels as you enter the Brookefield building. So, either the guards didn't know about it or they knew and thought: "What the heck! Let's just let him in! It'll probably brighten someone's day." Owh, it sure did... Loads of people's day were brightened! Silau kan?? (being sarcastic there)

3) There is also the people at the library's counter who are equipped with security cameras and all. I think BURGERak was too slick for them. It was really quiet (bagus gak anjing ni. Tau rules nak duduk dekat dalam library. Huhu...) and I didn't know about it's existence in the library until it came right at my place (which was like a minute or so after it entered). And most of the people in the library didn't care about it being there. That's why there was no commotion until it started harassing us. Budak-budak Malaysian je kot yang nampak cam menggelupur masa perasan BURGERak ada dalam library tu.(Usop who was sitting at the table beside us started to stand up and move away when he realized the dog and Nida who was working in front of him had already packed her things and was ready to leave the library because she had seen it a few seconds earlier, even before it came to our place)

So, again, I didn't realize the dog was in the library until after it came to my place and don't want to go away!! I was at shock first upon seeing it and it took me quite a while before I really comprehended that it was AN ACTUAL DOG there and it was going back and forth between Miha's place and mine. By this time, Miha and I were out of our seat but I didn't know where to go cause my table was at the window and for me to get away from BURGERak, I'd have to get past it, which was hard cause it kept moving (with it's tongue out) and there wasn't much space for me to just sprint out of there. Besides, my coat and bag was still there on the chair and I can't possibly leave it behind especially seeing the fact that BURGERak seems awfully attracted to our bags. Dah la tak comeyl pun anjing tu!!

Anyway, after about less than a minute of pure menggelupurness, one of our classmates, Paul, stood up (after being harassed by Adilah to help us. Haha...) and got the little fella out of there. It was a while before we regained composure. Mostly, we felt the experience was hysterical. Majority of the people in the library didn't even notice what just happened or they just didn't care cause they don't have to samak afterwards!!

Then, when we were busily recapping about what just happened, I suddenly remembered something and guiltily said to Miha: "Alamak! Erm... Entah-entah sebab ade BURGER kot kat dalam bag aku ni. Sebab tu die terus pergi kat tempat kite and stay kat situ. Hahaha..."
I got quite an earful from Miha and afterwards I waited in the library for a few more hours because Syah warned me that it was still outside the library's door and I was hoping that it would go away eventually. Which it did, well, at least after I waited until I was freaking hungry and my stomach started grumbling like mad. If it was still there and followed me, I was definitely going to sacrifice my burger. No doubt about that. I guess I have this phobia with dogs chasing me for food. Yup... Not the first time.

The first time was actually a few months ago when Taq and I were walking home from the city. We bought two boxes of pizza and we both were holding one box each. As we were walking home, we reached this street where the both of us were separated. I had already crossed the street and was walking at the other side. Anyway, suddenly I saw a dog running out of nowhere towards Taq's direction. But, it's eyes were fixed on me! I wanted to shout to Taq to watch out for the dog but it suddenly ran towards me! But before it could reach me, a car was passing through the street and almost hit the dog; stopping just in time. The dog was terrified and started going back to the direction he came from. After that, I walked super fast and looked back every now and then to see whether the dog had come back. If it did, I was prepared to throw the pizza (It's a Dominos' Tandoori pizza. The one and only place that we know of that have halal Tandoori pizza) away, regardless of what my housemates' reactions would be. Hey! My life is more important right??=P But, till this day, I still haven't figured out why it didn't just go after Taq? She was carrying a pizza too! Maybe because hers was the Vegetarian Pizza and doesn't smell as delicious as Tandoori?? Pandai gak anjing tu. Ade good taste in food!! Haha...

So, now I'm officially going to be extra alert for dogs when I'm carrying food around. I'm not generally afraid of dogs here, (dekat Malaysia lain cerita. Anjing-anjing sume nampak liar and could bite your hand of if they want to) cause they usually have this concept of: Don't disturb me and I won't go and disturb you. But, if it starts giving attention to me or anything I own and being overly friendly and excited until all the saliva oozes out, then I'm afraid. Bukan ape, malas nak samak. Seriously! Every single thing I own that have to be samaked, gets ignored and later thrown away. Malas! And don't get me started on dog's poop. Sesungguhnya.... I just don't want to go there.

[Off to Galway for the weekend!!=)]

8 comments:

  1. kak dayah!!!

    kt xharass paul, tau!!!
    goda sket2 je...
    huhu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha.... goda2 sket knon.
    die kan dah nak kawen.
    jgn la kaco die dah....
    please...???=P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha lawak gile nk kena keja ngn anjing!!!!hahahahahaha geli hati aku !!i CANT imagine u running seriously..i've been trying to but somehow i cant!!!i wonder..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACHTUG!!! dayah ade tahi anjing!!! opppsss dah tepijak dah!!! haish.. busuk la ko nih

    ReplyDelete
  5. ape achtung2??
    tahi anjing 2 yg pijak aku!
    mna de aku pijak tahi anjing!
    srius....!! huhu...
    n cipi mna de kne kejar. smpat die nak kejar pun. n i'm an athlete ape.
    nape xbley imagine aku lari??=P

    ReplyDelete
  6. dayah, aku rase kan. achtung tu kan, asal usul die bahasa irish ah! macam ade sign je kat tengah jalan ckp achtung. hmm..

    and makcik, m pretty sure its spelled Brookfield! kehkeh. i know, i know...its pretty tempting to spell it Brooke Fields, huh? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. atiq, I did NOT spell it brooke fields!! just tambah 'e' je!
    lawa sket nmpk nma die 2=P
    n i dunno where achtung came from.
    coz aku pnah nmpak mrate2 gak mende 2. org2 german mmg ske tiru irish. huhu...

    ReplyDelete
  8. achtung tuh ialah attention!!

    ReplyDelete