Alhamdullilah~~ Finally, we're done with Cork Games that we've been planning and fussing about since I don't even remember when. Banyak btul masalah yang timbul. Here are the list of all the dramas of Cork Games:
1) First of all regarding the date... Dah berape banyak kali kteorang tukar just for the sake of satisfying everyone's wishes. Mula-mula nak buat 25th March, pastu ade a few uni yang dah habes cuti, so we changed it to 29th March, cause it's a Saturday. Since we changed the date and it's a weekend, netball had to be done somewhere else cause the trampoline club wants to use the Mardyke Hall and since the university had some sengal policy that any sports club would override any other organization in terms of reservation, netball masih terumbang ambing. Sedey!! Pastu dapat pulak tahu yang date die clash with another activity that's done in Dublin. Pening sekejap ah gak pasal mende-mende tu. But, in the end, both activities were still done on schedule. No major conflicts (well... none that I know of)
2) Then, finally dah confirm place kat The Farm. Both soccer and netball was going to be done at the same place. Lega~~ Sekali die kasi 6 pitches. Lepas tu, 'netball' punya tiang pun dah siap beli sume. Because everyone was busy with exams and everything, we all accepted it with of course a warm welcome. Abes hilang tension jap pikir pasal Cork Games ni. Then, after the exams it was the start of the Easter Break. Everyone was on holidays till Monday. On Tuesday, Moooks went to check the field to ask the grasskeeper which one of the field they had given us. And right there and then, they canceled the reservation because apparently, some kind of league had started and they had just known on Monday, so due to yes, their sengal policy, we got override less than 4 days before the Cork Games!!! So much for 6 pitches!! Everyone was going crazy at that time. We can't book anywhere else cause it's too late. Lastly, we had to resort to using the Lidl playground for netball. Yup... we had to use a PUBLIC place with no netball facilities with the risk of rain and other people disrupting our tournament. Terase seperti nak give up je ngan mende ni. But, cubaan... We still went on. Football pulak kena tukar date ari Ahad cause they could only get the field for the tournament on Sunday. Hantar e-mail nak tukar date, ade yang tak puas hati. Logic ah kan... I'd be one of those people yang tak puas hati gak kalo tukar last minute if I wasn't the organizer. So, we changed the date back to the original plan, 29th March.
3) There was a little ray of hope when the boys succeeded in getting The Farm for the tournament on Saturday. I don't know how exactly this miracle happened. But, apparently, according to Moooks, they got it through pure begging (oh, and making the people in charge feel totally guilty =P) But, netball had to still be done at the LIDL playground. The night before, after all the commotion have finally settled, we were concerned about netball. Cause it's hard to conquer the whole place all day long because it's a public place. Yes, it's based on first come, fist serve, but still... Kteorang pun pasrah je ah. Cause there was no where else we could do it. The night before, we wanted to get the 'netball' goal posts ready. As we were about to get it assembled, Siti and I just gaped at the size of the net. It was HUGE!! Macam 4 bola netball kot bley masuk dalam tu! Seriously, I could not imagine us ever using that tiang!! Masa tu, sekali lagi rasa cam nak give up je... Haih~~ Tapi it's like a few hours before Cork Games start, so, we decided not to assemble it and just use the basketball court at the playground. Memang menyedihkan!!
4) Then, during the day of the tournament, I was already down because of the weather. Yeah, it was raining like mad and the wind didn't help either. But the positive side of it is that no one would come to the playground and disrupt our game if it's raining. By the time it was 10 o'clock, the rain had stopped. Phew~~ So, after getting the court ready (drawing the lines with chalk, tolak-tolak air sikit~~ haih~~) we started the games. Everything was fine until the rain came again! During that time, my team was playing, tak nak macam nak pengsan pulak kan dengan hujan-hujan tu. Dah ah dengan angin! Tolak bola ke kiri, bola melayang ke kanan! Nak shoot pun tak boleh... Adoi~~ Memang cubaan ah. So, we stopped the game for a while since there was no point in playing with the weather like that. Semua duduk bawah khemah yang dah dipasang dengan usaha yang sangat kuat! Haha... Last-last, one of the besi for the khemah patah! Memang sedey ah.
My Team: Ape2 Je!! =P
5) With the rain constantly hogging the limelight, we still proceeded with the games. It was my junior's team to play. They were short of one player, so I played for their team. Without having finished one half of the match, one of my juniors suddenly fell down. The game was stopped. Everyone was going to her saying, "Nape?? Cram ke??" And she replied, "Tak... Lutut ni sakit!!" So, we lifted her pants up and yeah, anyone could see that her kneecap was busted pretty bad. It was positioned towards the outside. Gile sakit!! But, Nad was sooo strong! She didn't even cry! So, after waiting a good 20 minutes or so (siap Nad sempat nak pengsan and bangun balik lagi) baru ah ambulance datang. Took her to the hospital.
7) Pastu now, kerja mengemas and post-mortem pulak!! Adoi~~ Penatnya!! Kaki semua dah lenguh-lenguh, jalan cam ntah pape. Huhu... Lawak betul!!
*will put some pictures when I get them*