Saturday, December 29, 2007

2008 already??!!


Wow...
The new year's already near.
I was walking to the bus stop from Shida's house just now and there were these two Irish guys smoking outside a shop and they both looked so happy and when I walked past, they wished me:
"Hey there... Happy coming new year!! Hope you have a great day and year ahead!!"
I was like: "Owh, thanks!! You too...!! Have a great year!!"(while scrutinizing them closely looking at any trace of drunkenness... Nope! Too early to get drunk and they looked too eager to be joking. Yeah, I can be quite skeptical sometimes...)

So, then I realized... Right... There's like 2 more days till we reach 2008.
How time flies... Baru je gak bincang-bincang dengan Shida nak celebrate New Year kat mana.

So, since it's almost the New Year, time for reflection!!!=)
How much have I changed during the course of 2007??
Hmm... Let me see...
1) I have my own car!![well, technically I share it with Usaid(my bro) cause it's in Malaysia anyway and I spend most of my years here. Although I don't own a license(yet!=P) but, it serves as a motivation for me to take my license!! Right..?? Hopefully next year...]
2) I have seen cadavers and have not(yet!) fainted during each anatomy practicals that I've been in. Unlike some people I know. Hehe...(not that I'm bragging. It could happen to anyone right?? But, next time make sure if you wanna faint, let it be near Alan, ok _a_?? Hahha...)
3) I have been to Paris, Amsterdam and Pulau Redang this year, which have all made me realize what a beautiful world we live in and how we are soo missing out a lot if we don't travel(if we have the opportunity) and make new friends along the way.
4) I have made new and exciting new friends this year. Hazwan, Shut, Wan, Mizerque, Mas, Abid, Pakdin, etc. Majority of whom I knew when I was traveling. One can never can have enough friends right??=)
5) I believe that I have become more independent this year. Proof?? I can travel by bus for long hours without complaining that much. I can also jalan-jalan at Dublin alone and also go to each of my friends' house(ok, with the help of the directions from my friends and using public transport. But, still... The old Dayah would never travel using a bus anywhere!! Let alone travel alone to a place I've never been at. Good improvement right??=P)

Ok, five is enough I guess. Don't want to bore people with too many things. Besides, some things are just meant to be kept private right??=)

Anyway, here's my list of New Year's resolutions:
1) Get a driving license!!
2) Refrain from shopping too much and save some money...
3) Own the very irresistible ipod touch(kind of contradict the above resolution right?? Haha...)
4) Be a better person(always is and always will be my New Year's resolution every year. I just think that you can never stop improving yourself spiritually, academically, socially, etc. cause there's always room for improvement)
5) Travel to more places(Australia, Germany, Italy, Greece, Morocco, Spain, etc.) and meet more cool people!!=)
6) Be in my second year. InsyaAllah.... Berusaha-berusaha!!!
7) I'm going to be 22 next year. So, this is the year I'd have to erm... never mind. The point is, by 23, I would have already fulfilled this resolution(tak boleh kasik my mum win on this one. Haha...) Semak ah resolution ni... Tak paham?? Bagus!!=)

There's a lot more I want to do next year. But, I'm actually the kind of person who takes things one day at a time. Tackle one problem as it comes. Besides, even if we plan, Allah knows best and what's better for us. So, just chill~~ Don't worry too much and embrace the coming of 2008 with open arms. Soo many new things would be coming your way so don't close your doors to new experiences cause it would definitely make you a better(hopefully) person. And just remember, to make better years from bitter days and you'd be allright!!=)

PS: I'm still in Dublin. So, rakan-rakan yang berada di Dublin, if you have any plans for the New Year, tell me k?? Budak-budak RCSI, duduk diam-diam kat rumah study. Haha...

5 comments:

  1. haha...dayah..yg tegur ko kt luar rumah aku tu, yg kat depan ada kedai2 hardware tu ke? diorg mmg camtu la dayah, i can assure you they are not drunk, sbb mmg tiap2 pagi time kitorg sume nk pegi kelas ade je diorg tegur kitorg dgn penuh bersemngatnye...hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i c...happy new year...wish me luck for my exam pagi ni...kul 9am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. laa...xder lesen lagi ke?sian2...

    ReplyDelete
  4. shida: bagus ah dorg xdrunk. risau aku. haha...

    hairul: it's probably too late 2 wish u all da best in ur exams. so... hope u did great in ur exams!!=P n yes... i xde lesen lg. loser~~ i know. huhu...

    buchuk: bkn nak kasi sokongan!!!! haish...

    ReplyDelete