Thursday, December 6, 2007

Please Don't Make Me Cry~~

No, don't be alarmed by the title of my post.
It's actually taken from the lyrics of Eisley's song; Telescope Eyes.
I'm soo addicted to that song right now.
I've heard the song a couple of years back.
But, just recently, the song keeps on haunting me.
(nak exam memang semua pun nak haunt and distract me from studying. Syaitoon...!! huhu...)

Anyway, here are the lyrics:

Oh, you humor me today
calling me out to play
with your telescope eyes, metal teeth
I can't be seen with you, you freak

Go cry, go run away
let your short legs carry you away
with your big dress
and your dirty hair
your pen's waiting for you
just get far, far away from me
I don't want your disease

(chorus)
please don't make me cry
please don't make me cry
I'm just like you
I know you know
I'm just like you
so leave me alone

Dear Matthew, why can't you see?
you're just not near enough like me
with your telescope eyes, metal teeth
I can't be seen with you...

There are a lot of interpretation about the lyrics.
Some people thought it was about having an imaginary friend, or being afraid of the dark when they saw the video clip.
But, basically, the lyrics is a payback to a friend of one of the members of Eisley.
He(Matthew) was a neighbour of hers and would always call her out to play but at school acts as if he doesn't know her; just because she wears glasses and braces. What a jerk.
But, they were young then, and considering the fact that guys mature less faster than girls(anyone cares to dispute that??=P), it's kind of understandable the way he acted.
I guess at that time of age, most kids want to be seen as cool and hanging out with a nerdy looking kid would make you look sort of uncool. Yeah, whatever~~
I mean, I was always the non-discriminating type. If you're friendly to me(given that you're not psychotic in a really psycho way... hahah...) then I'll be friendly to you.

So, anyway I'm not quite sure which of the Eisley girls(Eisley is not an all-girl band. They have a guy on drums and the other on bass guitar. Four of them are siblings and one is a family friend. Totally sweet!!) wrote that song. But, I guess the Matthew guy must be really regretting his actions in the past, considering the fact that all three girls are beautiful and famous now...=P

I guess the lesson we can learn from this song(yes, songs can even teach you lessons about life) is that we have to treat people with respect regardless of their looks(we never know when they'll suddenly become a hot guitar/keyboard playing chick, rocking it out with her band) and also don't think about what people would say or think when you become friends with them. What you think matters. You know them better than any of the other people. Some people are just afraid of knowing someone outside of their circle cause they're afraid of something that's different from them. Because they don't understand the differences and don't want to even find out about it(could somehow be related to the way some people have a mind-set about Muslims and don't want to understand them and change that mind-set, I guess). So, forget what people say and think. Live your life and get to know as many people as possible. Differences in each one of us makes the world a better place. Then, you won't have regrets later on. At the end of the day, we're all the same. Humans...

Anyway, I've put the video of the song down there. But, the lyrics are different. A lot of the lyrics from the original song were asked to be removed and changed due to 'commercial' value, as suggested by their recording label.
Besides the song getting a more upbeat tempo, I think what their recording label asked them to do was crap. Liked the original song waay better. But, people's opinion differ. So, enjoy!! Akhir kata, Eisley rocks!!=)


No comments:

Post a Comment