Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hardcore Tiredness

The IAW (Islamic Aspiration Week) has come to an end. I've received a lot of input and it really amazes me each time that there are so many things that I don't know or have forgotten about and should remind myself a lot more.

Anyway, now the ICW (International Cultural Week) has started and although I'm not among those in charge of this but if it involves your country, of course you'd want to lend a helping hand in promoting it and giving a good impression of it to others. Just now, the exhibition started and there were a lot of people who came to our booth. Owh, by the way, the ICW does not only present Malaysian culture, it also showcases among others, the cultures from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, France, China, India, Botswana, etc. But, the Malaysian booth did receive loads of visitors (maybe because we were among the few with food around, as one of the International Students' officer said to me jokingly, "Food attraction is always the best attraction!" Mana taknye, ade roti jala with curry, kuih lapis, curry puff, cucur and kek batik. There was this guy, whom I suspect did not have lunch yet before coming to our booth, he took a whole stack of roti jala before anyone had a chance to serve some for him. And after they poured him the curry to eat them with, he went straight on to devour them even before we had a chance to pass him the fork to eat it with. Pelahap!! Huhu...)

Yeah, anyway, our booth also had some traditional games displayed. We had congkak and sepak takraw among others. Since the congkak was set complete with the marbles, Ille and I sat down and played (orang dok sibuk melayan tetamu-tetamu yang datang nak tanya pasal Malaysia, kteorang sibuk main congkak plak. Haih~~ Ille, ille...=P) While we were busy playing, there were two friends who came and looked interested in what we were doing. Felicia(a Malaysian exchange student) was explaining to them what we were doing and then Ille and I showed them how to play it and asked them to play against one another. At first, they were kind of slow since they still haven't comprehended the whole concept of the game. But, after 5 minutes into the game, they were getting competitive and correcting each others mistakes and even some level of game insult was thrown once in a while... "Owh, your last marble was supposed to be here. Not there", "I'm a quick learner... That's why I'm winning." Haha... Panas je sorang lagi tu dengar. (that's them down there)


Then, we also had a performance. Unlike last year, Malaysia was the only country that had a live performance. A lot of my classmates came along to watch it and the 1st years did a great job! They had zapin, silat, dikir barat, kompang, sepak takraw, batu seremban and also congkak. It was really enjoyable and at times(most of the time for me=P) really funny! We even had some of our classmates come on stage to try the zapin. So, that marked the end of ICW.

Finally,(I think) we're not going to have any major events happening that would drain the energy out of me completely. I mean, seriously, setiap kali balik rumah, sure rase penat to a point where I would sometimes just lay on the bed and fall asleep a while later, without dinner and without changing into my pajamas. Serious, tak larat sampai macam tu!! And I'm not even one of the greatest contributors for all of these events. Just tolong sikit-sikit je. All I know is that I'm sooo happy now that I can have my alone time again and for me to study for the next module(yes, peksa lagi... it's in a month's time pulak tu. Adoi...) So, kudos to all yang telah menjayakan events tu!! We rock!!! =)

3 comments:

  1. ur going to be driving me n ili when get back to msia!!!!we dont care hahahahaha same goes to suhaila when she comes back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oopsss *when u get back

    ReplyDelete
  3. dah lpe ke da fact dat i don't own a license yet?? huhu...

    ReplyDelete