Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Elections... Should We Care??

Seems like the only thing people talk about these days(among Malaysians mostly) is the general election coming up really, really soon in Malaysia.
So, I'm going to give a shot at writing about this very obscure topic.
Not only the people in Malaysia are getting restless because of this, students studying outside of Malaysia are getting worked up about it too (well, generally most of them are. The rest either don't care or care because they worry about their scholarship status if an alternative party wins)
Anyway, I don't know much about Malaysian politics but I thought I'd try writing what I think(note the word I, meaning this is purely my point of view. No effect from a third party. Huhu...).

From as long as I can remember, I have always thought of politics as being too corrupted(from the stories I've heard and watching a double dose of Prison Break. PB memang boleh menpsychokan orang =P) I do not understand it because it was just waaay too complicated and by the time I came here, my knowledge about Malaysian politics were the ones I learnt from Sejarah lessons, the BTN camp, from what people have told me and also from the few readings I have done. Thankfully, I wasn't left in that state of constant ignorance. I've received a lot of input since coming here from various sources.

So, anyway, from the perspective of an amateur, I think that we should care about the election because it effects us, no matter what. It's our country and by being ignorant it wouldn't mean that you're not a part of it. Right now, I think Malaysians are in a state where everyone wants a change. They feel like the government we have now is not enough to support their needs and don't have the capability to make our country move forward. I personally believe(haha... teringat kat Miss ape ntah punye contestant tu...) that yes, we do need a change, but right now, I just don't see any party capable of bringing that change. Not the one ruling now(maybe because they've been winning since forever and don't feel the need to change anything..??), not the other alternatives that we have already. Note: I've never experienced how other alternative parties rule or what exactly is their plan towards bringing a change to Malaysia. But, that's my bad I guess, I was always wrapped around this safe bubble back at home where I don't feel the need before to think about these things. As long as I'm doing ok, my family's fine, then the government must be doing ok. But, after bursting the bubble I see that there's still a lot more things that aren't ok in other parts of Malaysia. Poverty, corruption, etc. Just because you're doing ok doesn't mean the rest of Malaysia is doing ok too. Just note that.

But anyway, if there's no other party that is capable of bringing a change to Malaysia, who else could take over?? This of course I have no idea to... All I know is that we seriously need a fresh breeze and eventhough most of us are afraid of what would happen if that fresh breeze do come, we just want to feel it. Then, we can make assessments and comparisons. There's no other way to be better than what we are today if we just sat complacently right?? Even if the same party wins, there has to be some changes made. And we, as the future leaders of Malaysia should feel the need to want to change Malaysia in every positive way someday. So, be the future fresh breeze for Malaysians!! Selamat mengundi(kepada yang boleh mengundi) semua!!! (semangat tak??=P) Owh, enjoy the clip below. Hilarious...!!!

3 comments:

  1. guess what..

    election 8/3..bday aku 15/3..
    aku br 20 haha semggu lg bole aa mengundi hahahaha nasib baik..aku x minat undi2 ni asal aku hidup bhgia hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.. totally hilarious, and that dude's voice - classic!! I think i'll google him up, kot2 dia ade keluar album ke. =P

    Btw memeyh, is it ok if i link ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cipi: haha... aku bru pk cam pe kaitn date undi ngan bday ko. rpe2nya sbb xckup umur lg. huhu... aku pun xdaftar lg wei~~ daftar pun bkn bley 'undi' kalo kat cni=P

    izyan: hahaha... smpai album trus!! sure, bley je linkkan... i'm linking urs too!! =D

    ReplyDelete