Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thanx kowghang!! So cute!!! =)

Ok, so maybe most of you guys already know that I am studying medicine now and yeah, I'm intending (given that everything runs smoothly, insyaAllah) to specialize in paediatrics. So, when I found this really cool charity website promoting the well-being of underprivileged kids,(I don't remember where exactly I found it. Probably just stumbled upon it. Dah jodoh~~ =P), I was really excited. Anyway, it's a Malaysian based charity and it helps children (basically budak-budak sekolah rendah la) from different backgrounds (anak-anak yatim, disabled and abandoned children, HIV positive kids, etc.) to generate money for them to get through life as normally as we privileged people.

They've a website which you can see if you're interested. It gives you the opportunity to sponsor a child and also sign up as a volunteer. Basically they're trying to promote transparency in charity, which is how it should be. Takde ah huge gigantic cheques with the amount printed on it with the hugest font ever telling the whole Malaysia how much they are sponsoring. Whatever happened to just plain ikhlas sedekah?? Anyway, that's another issue. Back to talking bout CaC (short for Click a Child)... CaC have also organized a few concerts to benefit this charity and they have a few more coming up. Click here to get more info from their website.

I'm totally into this whole program and since I'm still a student, I don't think sponsoring would be such a great idea. But being a volunteer sounds like fun. And they have a few branches in Selangor and also a branch in USJ which is kind of near my house. Maka dengan ini, akan terisilah cuti summer saya dengan (hopefully!) aktiviti-aktiviti volunteering ni. Main-main ngan dorang ke... Hmmm... Maybe I could spread the Mafia game wave to these kids as well!! Haha... Yer, dah gile ngan game Mafia now. Sme Moooks pnye psal! Ok-ok kembali ke pangkal jalan!! As I was saying, macam best je jadi volunteer ni. My summer holidays before this pun (baru sekali je kot... Macam dah banyak kali je. Huhu...) asyik berjalan-jalan je keje kan, baik tulun sikit-sikit. Naseb baik gak jumpe this website. I was worried how I was going to spend my long holidays since most of my friends have started their practicals and all. So, with this, I'd get to fill up my time with doing something that I love plus my mum won't be complaining as much if I go out since I won't be going where I usually go (perabih duit gi makan, tengok movie, shopping!=P). It's a win-win situation!! Hehe... So, I was thinking bout contacting those people when I'm already back in Malaysia. If I'm here, I won't be of much help rasanya. Anyway, jom ah ramai-ramai kite memvolunteerkan diri!! If you're free and don't have much else to do, pe salahnye spend a few hours with them. They'd sure appreciate it and you would certainly get this as a reward: Thanx kowghang!!! Terase sangat berbaloi!!~~ =P
Don't believe me?? Then, watch the video down there and you'll get what I mean. So cute!!!

2 comments:

  1. taknak korek!!??!! LOOOLLLLLL

    btw Dayah - u seem like u're going to be in the same boat as the video person, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew u were gonna say that after i watched the vid. haih~~ nk wat cane... huhu... but, don't worry!! i'd come equipped with my own teka-teki!!! ngahahahha.... so, xde ah blur sgt kn~~ =P

    ReplyDelete